Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I miss my camera

Rob has my camera in Uruguay. I feel naked without it. I realize I have become the paparazzi of my children's lives, however, once my camera is rightfully returned to me I plan to take some serious pictures this weekend (only shots of people frowning...I jest). So if the pickings have been a little slim this week my apologies, but we can all rest easy that Rob is taking all sorts of blurry and useless shots of Uruguanian (is that a WORD??) things. I'll post the best of those too.

NOTE: Spellcheck has just managed to raise my IQ- it's Uruguayan. My favourite cultural blur word was passed on to us by Maurizio (Rob's mountain bike buddy extraordinaire) who asked Rob if he would have to learn to speak "Panamish" for his new job. Yes, he was trying to be a smart-ass. But still it cracked me up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting! That's neat that you would have the same list as me. I'll bet, thinking about it now, that many Canadian expats would also agree with us. :)

About not having a camera - I often think/say that I'd rather not go to a beautiful place at all than go to one without a camera. That can't be healthy, but like you, I like to take pictures of everything, and having a blog means we get the extra joy of sharing the world around us, right? :)

Brenda

www.engberts-kaya.com

Anonymous said...

Truer words and all that....:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mara! It's Chris, Sandy, Liz, Paul, John, Kathryn & Drew! We're all at Liz & Paul's in Fredericton, checking out your terrific blog. We miss you all tons, and can't wait till January to see you!