Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Four and counting


I've now seen four blue morpho butterflies. Keeping a mental tally is easy because they're so ridiculously beautiful. Each one is about 4 to 5 inches across at the farthest wing tips. And when I see them flitting by their colour is so shocking it always stops me in my tracks.
Such was the case this morning as I attempted a run/walk and came across one of these guys in a particularly wooded area. As a side bar, I've never sweated so much in all life for a measly 25 minutes of exercise. It's hot. See previous post for description.:)
Anyway, back to the wildlife. I also saw a spider that was mint green with golden spots, it was about 6 inches across. Tomorrow I will attempt to take a picture. Those of you that know my fear of spiders will understand what a big mental hurdle this is. But this spider was definitely worth the effort. Hopefully it will still be on it's massive (6 ft) web tomorrow when I head out for another sweatfest.

No comments: