Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Importance of Stuff

The container arrived. Our furniture, toys, books, dishes, etc etc are here with us. It feels like Christmas a thousand times over. I think Max said it best when we told him what had finally landed in Panama- "My cars? My cars are here?"

What I have learned from this is never underestimate the importance of stuff. The stuff that fills up your house, that I used to curse because it was all over the floor or the counter or the bedroom....this same stuff is the stuff that that makes you feel like you're home. Tethered to something. Without stuff it becomes way too easy to feel quite adrift in the world.

Anyway. Just glad our stuff is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've probably got some extra "stuff" at my house that I can send to you if you get really homesick. How do you spend your days now that kids are in school and hubby is at work? Do they get 'Oprah' there?
Peggy