Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Big Girl School


Rob and I are constantly amazed by our kids, but really never moreso than this past week. Zella started at her "big girl school" this week. The first day was terrifying. For me. Her? She handled it like an ex-pat pro.
You have to picture that Zella is attending an all girls, Spanish language school. Full on immersion both linguistic and cultural. There are students ranging in age from 4-18yrs and the hallways are full of "really big girls" as Zella so aptly put it.
Her comments? On the first day, "My Spanish totally left my brain. I had to go pee all morning because I couldn't even remember how to ask where the bathroom was...". And then on the second day, "The music room is really far away and we have to walk outside to get there and the teacher let us do it all by ourselves." And by day three when asked how school was? "It was awesome, okay Mom? I love it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Look AMAZING Zella...Gabe and Isaiah started their new school a few months back so we know how strange it can feel...congradulations...AUNT JEEN.

Ale said...

wow Zella tan linda como siempre, estoy muy orgullosa de ti (I'm very proud of you) xoxo, Ale

Glain said...

Yay Zella!!! Nia is practicing counting to 10 in spanish... you'll have to teach her more words. Hopefully I'll be able to convince your second cousin D'Arcy to visit you. Love Glain (and Nia and D'Arcy too)