Monday, September 15, 2008

Fair and balanced reporting....

I don't want to be accused of only reporting on the happy, sunny, vacationland type posts that eventually drive people away in droves. So here's the other side of things. Two emails from friends today, and a phonecall with my sister last night, have rendered me resolutely homesick. I miss Ottawa. I miss my family. I miss my friends. I'm ridiculously weepy. And the humidex is still hovering at 300. So bad hair in the mix as well.

There you have it. This is my attempt at fair and balanced reporting. I will now go and scour the neighbourhood for potential friendlies. I'm sure I will be ever so successful with puffy red eyes and beyond-frizzy hair. 'Night all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mara!!! tons of people here including myself o/c feel the exact same way without you guys here. miss you lots but I'm sure you'll have no trouble @ all making new friends,the James family are pretty charming characters so cheer up :)

love,

Ale

p.s. do you have a phone number now?

Anonymous said...

Mara,

Found your blog online after doing much research on Panama. It's very encouraging!

My husband and I have been seriously considering moving to Panama. We started "country shopping" a couple of years ago and found ourselves in Costa Rica over the summer. We liked Costa Rica but we needed a little more metro and a little more developed area so we think Panama City might be the ticket.

I was so excited to find your blog because we too have young children. Sheridan 4, Westin 2, and Evangeline 1. It's a little scary when factoring the kids but I see you guys are making it work.

We are from the US and are very concerned about the future of the nation and our individual freedoms.
Panama really seems to attract the expats according to all I've been reading.

Well, I better go for now. Who knows we could be friends in the near future.

Best Regards,

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Oh, If you would like to contact me my email is techmuffin@hotmail.com

Also, I've linked one of our websites to my name. Hope to hear from you.

Rachel